Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology
Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA) was Established as the sole Standardization Body in the UAE under the Law No. 28/2001. ESMA’s’ board is comprising representatives of the main parties involved in the standardization of the UAE.
The Board is the dominant affairs and lay down its policy and adopting all the suitable procedures to ensure efficient performance to its assignments. The Board of Directors chaired by H.E. Eng. Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori, UAE Minister of Economy.
ESMA Tasks include
- Develop and issue UAE national standards.
- Ensure consumers safety and environmental protection while supporting the UAE economy through the implementation of UAE standards.
- Provide up-to-date information on standardization and relevant activities and stakeholders at the national, regional and international levels through the Information Center.
- Provide UAE standards publications through ESMA’s website & Standard Store.
- Represent UAE in conferences and assemblies on the GCC, MENA and international levels.
- Develop and implement the national system for measurement and calibration and monitor its application.
- Monitor the implementation of approved UAE standards, grant the Emirates Quality Mark (EQM) to national products, and issuing certificates of conformity .